Wednesday, February 11, 2009

day 7

i have been thinking about the 2 words i used in my last blog neglect and reconnect, and it has really made me look back at the last 20 plus years of my life. see like i said in my last blog i would put everything and everyone on the back burner for my job. now i see how without love and understanding from family and friends i could have lost them both. i guess i viewed my job as more than just a means to an end, i guess it became who i was. now that i am without a job i see now what is really important and i pray to god that don't ever forget that again. i'm just a simple guy that likes or should i say LOVES music more than i do most people. but i am learning that nothing is more important to me that my family and my friends, real friends not people who want to add you to their facebook or myspace to make their friend count higher. but real friends who have been there for me when i wasn't maybe necessarily there for them and for that i do apologize and plan to do better. i have some of the most amazing friends, but my best friend jody has always been there to encourage me, to let me vent without judging me. just there to listen and offer advice when it was needed. i'm not sure how i got so lucky to have a friend like that but i thank god that i did. my wife..she has had to put up with more than anyone, a weaker woman would have left years ago, but she is truly my rock!!!!!! and to all my friends i thank you for hanging in there with me, you are all the best friends a guy could have ever asked for.
until next time....steady as we go......peace..al

No comments:

Post a Comment