Tuesday, February 10, 2009

day 6

it seems as the days pass the more i can joke about being laid off!! one piece of advice for anyone reading this, make sure you are a core member of the team where you work because if your boss is like mine was he will cut your throat. but i realized over this last going on 6 days that i love being at home with my baby girl. no matter aggravating she might be sometimes, it beats the hell out of assholes that don't appreciate everything you tried to do for their company. last night i met with a couple of friends i haven't seen in over a year, it was nice to reconnect with them. maybe that is the "real" reason i got laid off so that i could reconnect with old friends and maybe even some news ones. i think that maybe sometimes we tend neglect what is important because we are trying to impress the boss or are trying to get ahead by being loyal to our job, which really in the long run should just be a means to an end. i have always been like that would be at work no matter what rain, sleet , snow, sickness...matter what was going on i would try and go to work because felt like that was where i should be. now i'm beginning to think that i was being foolish, see i have learned through this that i was neglecting what should have been more important in my life. my wife, my baby girl, my friends you name it you would have probably neglected it over my job. now is my chance to refocus on what is important. speaking of which it's time for me to go and meet one of my bestest friends for a nice hot cup of starbucks coffee........as dave matthews said in one of his songs.......steady as we go!!!!!!!! peace..al

No comments:

Post a Comment