Sunday, March 15, 2009

day 39

today at church we did a song that i just can't get out of my head, the name of the song is "amazed" here are the lyrics to this song....
Verse 1:
You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound-
Chorus:
Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
How You love me-
Verse 2:
You paint the morning sky
With miracles in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand-
Bridge:
How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me

the part of this song that really captured my imagination is the line "you dance over me" what an incredible picture that is, that the god of creation would dance over me. wow!!!!! i looked it up on the internet and found this explaination that i thought really brought it to life.

The reference is Zephaniah 3:17. (NIV) “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” However, you have to study the meaning of the Hebrew word that is translated as “rejoice.” It is the Hebrew word “gheel” which is defined, “to spin round, under the influence of any violent emotion.” It is the word that describes the dancing that goes on in the Hebrew festivals.

peace...........

No comments:

Post a Comment